The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Super Science Cyber School Day
Monday Jan 23 11:00 AM-1:00 PM
Super Science Cyber School Day is a full day of fun hands-on science for cyber school students of all ages. Meet kids and families from the Philadelphia area and come face-to -face with live animals, handle real fossils, plan your own experiment and meet super science experts!
Show off your dino-smarts in a fun and fast paced prehistoric gameshow with WXPN Kids Corner host Kathy O’Connell. Explore the fascinating STEM world with your fellow young scientists and meet representatives from the local cyber school, virtual school and homeschooling community at the Resource Fair.
Super Science Cyber School Day is a new collaborative initiative, created by The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University and WXPN.
Spend the day in Philadelphia’s own dinosaur museum, unleash your inner scientist, and meet school representatives. The day will be packed with hands-on workshops, amazing science demonstrations, and live animal encounters designed for students ages 3 -12. Explore the museum at your own pace:
- Meet special WXPN Kids Corner host Kathy O’Connell during the “Dinosaurs: Fact or Fiction” gameshow and prove your prehistoric prowess
- Get your hands on some real fossils and solve a prehistoric puzzle
- Meet live animals and get all your critter questions answered
- Design and conduct your own experiment and share your results with your fellow scientists
- Put your skills of observation to the test when you experience real live bugs up close
- Laugh along with Marty the Moose at a special science story time
- Roll up your sleeves and make a mess as you discover where art and science meet
- Spend some time in the tropics as you explore Butterflies!, unleash your inner naturalist in Outside In, and roll up your sleeves and work to reveal fabulous fossils in The Big Dig