Big Brook Preserve, New Jersey
Big Brook Fossil Field Study
Saturday Aug 4 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
Uncover mosasaur, shark, and fish teeth or bones from 70 million years ago at Big Brook Preserve in New Jersey!
Join the Academy’s Vertebrate Paleontology Collection Manager, Ned Gilmore, as he takes us to this site well-known for the abundance of these fossils from the Cretaceous Period. You’ll probably sweat and get wet and dirty, but who cares when you get to keep what you find? (Scientifically significant specimens may be retained for the Academy’s collections.)
This adult field study is for individuals age 18 and older. A Family Fossil Hunt Field Trip will be held on September 8, 2012.
- Saturday, August 4, 2012 10 am–3 pm (rain date: August 11)
- $35 members / $40 nonmembers
- Open to individuals age 18 and older
- Teachers can earn four Act 48 credits
- Maximum 20 participants
- Details, including meeting locations and what to bring, will be provided upon registration.