Spring Break Camp
March 1, 2013
By Sara Glorioso
Are you wondering what to do with your kids during their spring school break? The Academy has the solution! Sign them up for Spring Break Explorers Camp, weekdays March 20 through April 2.
This camp is specifically designed for children ages 5–12 and mixes exciting hands-on learning with so much fun they just may not want to go back to school. The whole museum will be their playground, and our trained staff will treat them to an array of themed exploration, presentations, crafts, games, and activities.
Spring Break Explorers Camp runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with optional before- and after- care. Parents have the option of signing up for as little as one day, several days, or the full two weeks. Here are the program themes and dates to choose from:
- Crazy Critters, March 20 and 26. Meet the Academy’s live animals and learn about their wild cousins.
- Stupefying Science, March 21 and 27. Investigate some serious science with surprising experiments and amazing creations.
- Discovering Dinos, March 22, March 28, and April 2. Unlock the fossilized secrets of these awesome ancient beasts.
- Interesting Insects, March 25 and April 1. Go buggy and meet some of the six-legged members of the animal kingdom.
- Wild Water, March 29. Splash into science and learn how all life depends on water.
For fees and more information, visit our camp page and call 215-299-1060 to make your reservation today.