Academy homeschool programs provide hands-on investigations and behind-the-scenes explorations that bring science to homeschooled students. Each series offers an in-depth look at an exciting science topic from the perspectives of current research as well as the Academy's historical collections.
Fall 2012 Series: Fascinating Fossils
- Ancient Animals
- Dig into dinosaurs, soar with giant dragonflies, and dive deep into the prehistoric oceans! Practice your paleontology skills as you examine real fossils and learn what ancient life was really like.
- Ages: 4–10
- Wednesdays, October 3 and October 10, 2–4 pm
- Members: $50 per series per child
Nonmembers: $65 per series per child
- Call 215-299-1060 to make your reservation.
- Individual dates cannot be reserved. Each reservation is for the entire two-day series listed above.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Cancellations requested before August 30 will be refunded in their entirety. Cancellations made between August 30 and September 13 will be charged a $15 fee per reservation. No refund will be given to cancellations occurring after September 13.
Parents are not required to attend homeschool programming. While children are learning, parents and additional siblings are encouraged to explore the Academy’s other offerings, including Outside In, Butterflies!, and The Big Dig. (Each family will be given four free Academy passes for use in the museum during the program for parents and additional siblings.)