Unlimited, free general admission to the museum for
an entire year
Members can explore the museum, including popular exhibits like Dinosaur Hall, Outside In, and Butterflies! as much as they want for free!
Free Kids Club membership benefits for children ages
12 and under
Members at the Family level or above can sign up their children for Academy Kids Club. Kids in the club get a personalized membership card, monthly museum activities to complete for stamps, a birthday surprise, invitations to Kids Club dinosaur events, and much more. Best of all, it’s FREE!
Behind-the-scenes access to our scientists and
collections on our annual Members’ Night
Every year, we open up our collections and labs to our members. Members can talk to scientists in the labs and offices in which they work, watch demonstrations, and even see the coolest creatures among our 18 million specimens that are rarely seen by the public!
Get insider access to the Academy with a membership!
Membership in the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University gives you free year-round general admission to the museum, where you’ll see some of the most surprising and spectacular wonders of the natural world. As a member, you’ll also be providing important support for the Academy’s world-renowned research in biodiversity and environmental science. Your membership dues help:
- Ensure the conservation of the Academy’s unparalleled collections, including treasures such as John James Audubon’s birds and Thomas Jefferson’s fossil collection.
- Bring the best in science education to more than 50,000 Philadelphia students each year.
- Sustain vital scientific research into environmental and species conservation, public education, and discourse around the future of our planet.
- And much more!
General Member Benefits
Become an Academy member today and get special access to all the Academy’s wonders! General benefits of Academy membership include:
- Unlimited, free general admission to the Academy
- Free or discounted tickets to special exhibits (Individual and Family level members receive discounted tickets of $3 per person to Frogs: A Chorus of Colors while Family Plus level members and above see it for free.)
- Exclusive previews of Academy exhibits
- Free entrance to our popular festivals, including Paleopalooza and Bug Fest
- Discounted guest passes for friends and family
- Member parking discounts
- A Kids Club membership for our younger members, ages 12 and under (available at Family level and above)
- Special access to the Academy’s scientists and collections
- A behind-the-scenes look at the Academy at our annual Members’ Night
- Special members-only discounts on Safari Overnights, Academy Explorers Camp, birthday parties, and other kids’ programs
- 10 percent discount in the Academy Shop and Academy Café
- Free subscription to Academy Frontiers, our quarterly member magazine
- The chance to add an extra adult to your membership
Already a member? Go to the Members’ Guide for more information on your membership.
With an Individual membership to the Academy, you will receive general member benefits for one individual, from free general admission all year long to special access to Academy scientists and collections!
With a Family membership to the Academy, two adults and up to five children (under 18) in the same household OR up to five grandchildren (under 18) will receive general member benefits.
* Family level memberships cannot be used by school groups or preschools.
Family Plus ($149)
With a Family Plus membership, you will receive all of the benefits of a Family membership, plus:
- Free general admission for two guests on each visit (member must accompany guests)
- Free admission to more than 300 Science and Technology centers through the ASTC Passport Program
- Free admission to most special exhibits (exclusions apply)
* Family Plus level memberships cannot be used by school groups.
Partners' Club ($250 | $220 tax-deductible)
With a Partners' Club membership, you will receive all the benefits of a Family Plus membership, plus:
- Five free guest passes to give to friends or family
- Invitations to special exhibit openings, author talks, and events
- General membership benefits for an additional adult, such as a grandparent or caretaker (three adults total)
- 15% discount at the Academy Shop
- Recognition in the Annual Report
Founders' Club ($500 | $470 tax-deductible)
With a Founders' Club membership, you will receive all the benefits of Partners' Club membership, plus:
- Five additional free guest passes to give to friends or family (ten total)
- Invitations to behind-the-scenes tours and our annual Back from the Field reception
- Special Academy gift
Members of our Leadership Circles provide critical support to the Academy's programs of scientific research and education, and receive special benefits in return.
Please see Leadership Circles of Giving for more information.
Drexel University Faculty and Staff receive 10% off membership dues when they pay for an Academy membership through payroll deduction!
Museum Pass Membership ($199 per member card)
The Academy offers a special transferable membership for libraries, schools, and other organizations. To enroll your organization in this program, or to learn more about the special benefits and pricing, please contact the Academy Membership Office directly at 215-299-1022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a year our members are treated to a special night, just for them.
Find out more
Museum Passport Program
Members have free access to more than 300 science and technology centers in America through the Association of Science - Technology Centers' (ASTC) Passport Program.
Learn about the program