Friday, September 30, 2016, 5–9 pm
Every year, the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University treats its members to a special evening during which they can meet our staff, see our collections, and experience the breadth and depth of work that takes place behind the scenes at the museum.
See the 2016 program now to plan out your evening ahead of time!
Not a member of the Academy? Join today! A family of five pays $105.65 in general admission each time they visit the museum. Pay one time membership dues of $119 and enjoy free, unlimited general admission and many more special member benefits for the whole year. Click here for more information on membership and to join.
Some of the many things you’ll experience at this year’s Member’s Night:
- Use black lights to bring out the color patterns on faded specimens from the Fish Collection
- Take a rare look at our precious mineral specimens from inside the Vaux collection
- View Dinosaurs Unearthed by flashlight
- Learn how to make invisible ink
- Arrange botanical specimens for your very own herbarium to take home
- Grab some dinner! Unfortunately, the Italian Dinner is no longer available for purchase online, but tickets may still be available at the event. The dinner includes chicken marsala, Italian meatballs, vegetarian baked ziti, Caesar salad, vegetables, garlic bread, and dessert. Tickets are $13.95 for each adult and $9.95 for each child, with seatings at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. Please see a staff member in the Café at Members’ night if you are interested.
- Members’ Night is a self-guided, open-house style event that runs from 5–9 p.m. Our scientists present activities and specimens in the Academy’s behind-the-scenes and public areas.
- The event is fun for all ages, and the activities and experiences offer something for everyone.
- Many of the first level activities can get crowded, so we suggest beginning at an upper floor and working your way down.
- The map will be posted online a week before Members’ Night so you can plan your route.
- Not every elevator goes to every floor, so be sure to follow the color-coding on the map.
- You will do a lot of walking as you explore the behind-the-scenes areas, so wear comfortable shoes!
- Don’t forget a camera! There will be plenty of unique photo-ops.