ASTC Museum Passport Program
About the Passport Program
Members of the Academy of Natural Sciences at the Family Plus level and above are entitled to free admission to more than 300 science and technology centers throughout the world through the Association of Science - Technology Centers (ASTC) Passport Program. When traveling, be sure to take along your Academy membership card and visit other great science museums. To receive free general admission, simply present your current membership card upon arrival to the museum or center. If you do not have your membership card with you, please contact the Academy’s Membership Office at 215-299-1022 at least three days ahead of your visit in order to be sent a membership confirmation letter, which can be used in lieu of a membership card.
Members of Other Museums:
Members of museums that provide reciprocal benefits to the Academy must provide proof of membership when they arrive. Acceptable proof of membership includes a membership ID card or a membership confirmation letter on your home institution's letterhead. Reciprocal members are entitled to free general admission to the museum, including traveling exhibits.
- General Restrictions
- Free admission to participating museums does not guarantee free admission to special exhibits, theaters, or programs at these museums. This reciprocal admission program does not entitle the cardholder to museum member benefits, such as discounts in retail stores or restaurants. Additionally, each museum or science center reserves the right to define “family membership” and “number in family.” Museums are subject to admission or deletion from the ASTC program without notice. Please call in advance of your visit to confirm.
- Geographic restrictions based on participating science center or museum location:
- Science centers or museums located within a 90-mile radius of each other are excluded from the Passport Program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement. The 90-mile distance is measured “as the crow flies” and not by driving distance.
- Geographic restrictions based on members’ residence:
- Passport Program benefits do not apply to those members whose principal place of residence is within a participating science center's or museum's local market area. In other words, to receive Passport Program benefits, you must live more than 90 miles away from the center/museum you wish to visit.