SEPOS International Orchid Show & Sale
Friday, April 12, 12–8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, April 13–14, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Join the Academy in April as it hosts a three-day International Orchid Show & Sale. Presented in collaboration with the Southeastern Pennsylvania Orchid Society, the show will pack the museum with popular and rare orchids from around the world for sale and display. Orchid enthusiasts can enjoy talks and activities, and nearly 25 vendors from Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, Brazil, Ecuador, and the U.S. will offer orchid plants as well as growing supplies and related giftware.
More than 30 spectacular exhibits will showcase thousands of beautiful, sometimes bizarre, often fragrant, and always interesting orchids in full bloom. Prior to the show’s public opening, these entries will be evaluated by certified American Orchid Society judges from the U.S. and Canada.
In addition there will be:
- a display of rare and unusual orchid books
- a drawing for a framed photograph of the 2013 show flower, Dark Laelia, Cattleya tenebrosa, from eastern Brazil
- a display of blooming yellow lady’s slippers from right here in Pennsylvania
- free lectures
- behind-the-scenes tours of the Academy's Botany Collection (12:30 and 4:30 pm on Friday, 11:30 am on Saturday and Sunday)
- food for purchase in the Academy Café
Be one of the first to see the Academy transformed into a magical world of orchids! From 5–8 p.m. on Friday, April 12 only, pay a reduced admission fee of $10 to experience the Orchid Show & Sale. Food and cash bar available.
Groups are always welcome! Please call 215-299-1018 for more information about discounted group tickets.
Check out great deals from area hotels and discounted parking options on the Parking & Accommodations page.