Philadelphia Shell Show and Festival
The Philadelphia Shell Club joins with the Academy in presenting the largest show of its kind in the Northeast.
- Behind-the-Scenes Tour: Take part in guided tours of the Academy's Malacology collection, which houses more than 10 million specimens.
- Meet Real Malacologists: Talk with scientists from the Academy's Malacology Department and shell experts from the Philadelphia Shell Club.
- International Shell Market: Shop for shells, jewelry, books, and more.
- Competitive Shell Displays: Serious collectors and amateur scientists compete for prizes with beautiful and informative displays on mollusks from around the world.
- Fine Shell Crafts: Craftspeople will showcase their sailors' valentines and other fine crafts and compete for major national and regional prizes.