Dinos After Dark: Bug Edition
Thursday, August 23, 2018
4:00 PM-8:00 PM
Join us for Dinos After Dark and enjoy pay-what-you-wish admission, family activities and an outdoor beer garden right in front of Philly’s Dinosaur Museum.
Museum open 4–8 p.m.
Dino Drafts: The Academy Beer Garden 4–10 p.m.
At Dinos After Dark:
- Catch a hi-def live bug show
- Chat with a real bug scientist
- Make-and-take a creepy crawly critter craft
- Visit Outside In, do a scavenger hunt and meet some of our amazing live animals and buggy boarders
- Immerse yourself in our tropical butterfly house
- Observe our technicians preparing real specimens in the Fossil Prep Lab
- Visit Xtreme Bugs
- Purchase drinks and food from the Academy Beer Garden: Dino Drafts!
- Back-to-Work Special: Educators with a school ID can take $1 off all drinks.
Skip the line and pre-register online!
Live Bug Show
Take a high-definition look at what makes bugs beautiful, amazing and important. See bugs like you’ve never seen them before!
Science Live: Western Pest
Talk with entomologist Shannon Sked from Western Pest, sponsor of our Xtreme Bugs exhibit, to explore careers in entomology. Take a closer look at some amazing insect specimens, and ask whatever insect questions are bugging you.
Live Bug Tables
Take a closer look at some of the most misunderstood and fascinating insects, arachnids and more! Visit live displays of our favorite insects and other invertebrates.
Buggy Make and Take
Make and take a creepy crawly critter craft!
About the Academy’s Outdoor Beer Garden: Dino Drafts
Join 12th St. Catering and the Academy of Natural Sciences for Dino Drafts: The Academy Beer Garden outside on the Parkway during Dinos After Dark. Come soak in the evening sun, play board games and purchase beer or sample some mouthwatering bites (think tacos!) at the foot of a giant animatronic orchid mantis. The entire museum will be open with pay-what-you-wish admission (suggested donation is $10 per person). Families are welcome—and if you like, you can stop by for a drink and carry it with you as your group enjoys the museum. Partial proceeds from Dino Drafts: The Academy Beer Garden benefit the Academy of Natural Sciences.
Upcoming Dinos After Dark Dates:
- September 28 (Friday)
- October 26 (Friday)
- November 23 (Friday)