Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is proactively committed to diversity and inclusion in all of its policies, practices and services. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the varied diversity and excellence of the academic community, and all of its complements.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online at www.drexeljobs.com.
Position Title: Membership Coordinator
Two years of experience in a membership or development office.
BA/BS degree required.
The Membership Coordinator is a member of the Academy’s fast moving Institutional Advancement team. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of email communication to members; managing the Kids Club membership program; working with the Systems Coordinator to acknowledge and fulfill all memberships; managing the Organization membership program; and providing excellent customer service to Academy members. He or she reports to the Membership Manager. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Advanced computer literacy, including word processing, email marketing programs, HTML, photo editing software, and web development software required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of database fundraising software Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Assist with Institutional Advancement mailings and other projects.
- Assist with Institutional Advancement events, including cultivation events.
- Work with Systems Coordinator to ensure that all new/renewing memberships to the Academy are processed through the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Work with the Systems Coordinator to print and mail all membership cards and acknowledgment letters to new and renewing members.
- Provide customer service and support to members via telephone and email.
- Manage all aspects of email communications to members, including benefits emails, welcome emails, renewal emails, and acquisition emails.
- Manage all aspects of the Academy’s Kids Club program, including developing and executing strategies to recruit and retain members, creating monthly activity sheets for participating members, and mailing welcome materials and birthday cards.
- Manage follow up emails to education program attendees in an effort to retain existing members and to promote membership to nonmember attendees.
- Manage renewal and acquisition program for Organization memberships.
- Manage renewal program for Payroll Deduction memberships.
- Assist with the member renewal and acquisition program (direct mail and email).
- Assist with reconciling membership accounts with the Accounting Department on a monthly basis.
- Assist with Membership events and other Academy events as needed.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click here to apply: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=79590
Position Title: Campaign Administrative Assistant
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Office support and business correspondence experience required.
Associate’s degree required.
The Campaign Administrative Assistant is a member of the Academy’s fast moving Institutional Advancement team. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to five Institutional Advancement Staff at the Academy throughout the Academy’s upcoming campaign—the Director of Individual Gifts, Senior Manager of Sponsorship and Events, the Director of Foundation Relations, the Membership Manager, and the Individual Giving Manager. He or she reports to the Director of Individual Gifts. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Advanced computer literacy, including word processing, mail merge, spreadsheet, database management and presentation graphics required.
2. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
3. Excellent administrative and organizational skills required.
4. Excellent telephone and email etiquette with a strong customer service orientation.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work independently.
6. Ability to set priorities while maintaining attention to detail.
7. Ability to act with discretion and maintain professional demeanor at all times.
8. Ability to function independently and to contribute to a team effort.
9. Knowledge of database fundraising software Raiser’s Edge preferred.
1. Assist IA staff in maintaining calendars and schedules.
2. Assist IA staff with expense reports, P-card reconciliation, purchasing, and other administrative tasks.
3. Prepare correspondence, updates, solicitation and acknowledgement letters, including bulk mailings.
4. Compile reports, spreadsheets, and documents using various data sources.
5. Call for appointments and arrange meetings for assigned staff.
6. Assemble informational materials.
7. Use online and other tools to arrange staff travel.
8. Record data, correspondence, and documentation in appropriate electronic and hard-copy archives and database.
9. Answer phone calls and greet visitors, and direct them to appropriate department.
10. Assist in arranging meeting schedules for the department.
11. Maintain electronic and hard copy records of donors, prospects, and other contacts important to advancing the mission of the Academy.
12. Work closely with administrative staff in departments across the Academy to further the goals of the Department.
13. Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click here to apply: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=79504
Position Title: Campaign Systems Coordinator
Two or more years’ experience using Raiser’s Edge or a comparable complex database on a daily basis.
Bachelor’s degree required.
The IA Campaign Systems Coordinator is a member of the Academy’s fast moving Institutional Advancement team. To prepare for the upcoming campaign, this position will be responsible for managing the Academy’s Raiser’s Edge donor database, including all gift and membership processing and fulfilment, database querying and reporting, data cleanliness, and ensuring coordination with the Academy’s Finance Department and the Drexel IA Records, Gifts and Stewardship teams. He or she reports to the Membership Manager. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Expertise in database maintenance and reporting. Knowledge of database fundraising software Raiser’s Edge preferred.
2. Advanced computer literacy, including word processing, mail merge, spreadsheet, database management and presentation graphics required.
3. Experience in gift or membership processing through a donor database required.
4. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
5. Excellent administrative and organizational skills required.
6. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work independently.
7. Ability to set priorities while maintaining attention to detail.
8. Ability to act with discretion and maintain professional demeanor at all times.
9. Ability to function independently and to contribute to a team effort.
10. Strong customer service orientation.
1. Process all memberships and gifts on daily basis, including batch entry and membership fulfilment and donor acknowledgments.
2. Perform daily and monthly gift and membership reconciliations with the Academy’s Finance Office, and coordinate daily deposits.
3. Prepare daily gift report and circulate to Development and Membership staff on a daily basis.
4. Prepare regular financial, member, and donor reports.
5. Provide database querying services, such as generating mailing lists, as requested.
6. Produce monthly pledge reminders and work with IA staff to send to donors.
7. Track registration for all donor and member events.
8. Perform biographical updates on donor records and ensure data cleanliness on a regular basis.
9. Work with Drexel’s Records, Gifts, and Stewardship team to ensure Raiser’s Edge and Advance records are kept updated as necessary.
10. Work with Finance Department and IA staff to ensure accuracy of donor financial records.
11. Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click here to apply: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=79506
Position Title: Field Technician
The Field Technician will be trained for the 2015 sampling season for the Delaware River Watershed Initiative within the Patrick Center for Environmental Research at the Academy of Natural Sciences. The ideal candidate must have a strong background in fieldwork and interest in water ecology research. The Field Technician will perform field tasks relating to algae collection and processing while working in a team setting. This is a seasonal and temporary position from approximately mid-July to the end of August. All work is weather dependent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in environmental science or related field
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work long hours and travel for several days at a time
- Experience working in the field while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Ability to collect accurate data, fill out field sheets correctly, and follow instructions
- Applicant must be in good physical condition and able to lift 50 lbs.
- Interest in working in the outdoors for several months during the summer months
- Flexibility with schedule based on weather events
- Promptly arrive at the Academy at 7 am
- Collect algae following the SWAMP protocol and water samples at each site
- Measure chemical parameters of waterways with YSI sensors
- Courteous to landowners and fellow field crew members
- Conduct habitat assessments
- Ability to drive a vehicle safely
- Identify native vegetation to the east coast
- Collect and record data accurately and correctly in the field
- Check data before leaving the site
- Filter water samples during overnight travel
- Prepare and process chlorophyll a samples from algae collection
- Check and calibrate equipment on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as assigned by the crew leader
Supplemental Posting Information:
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University's acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
Documents that must be associated with this posting: Resume and Cover Letter and three professional references
Please send all documents to Meghan O’Donnell, firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no part-time openings at this time.