Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is proactively committed to diversity and inclusion in all of its policies, practices and services. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the varied diversity and excellence of the academic community, and all of its complements.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online at www.drexeljobs.com.
Full Time Openings
There are no full time openings at this time.
Part Time Openings
Reports to: Manager of Museum Education
Part-time Educators will interact with visitors at the Academy of Natural Sciences through hands-on experiments, engaging activities, and simple arts and crafts. Part-time Educators also have the option of becoming part of the corps of Teacher Naturalists who present the Academy’s live animal collection during animal encounters.
Range of Duties:
- Actively engage visitors of all ages in learning science
- Read and retain procedures and background information for a variety of programs (including educational tables and carts, games and activities, crafts, small and large group shows, etc.) for presentation in the museum and on educational outreach
- Learn to handle the Academy’s live invertebrate collection for education purposes (optional)
- Learn to handle the Academy’s live vertebrate collection (including mammals, reptiles, and birds) for education purposes (optional)
- Monitor supplies and report shortages and missing/broken pieces
- Follow the published staffing schedule as well as the museum schedule of events
- Work cooperatively with a diverse museum education
- Weekend/evening work required
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- All applicants must pass Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal Background Checks
- Excellent public speaking, organizational, and customer service skills required
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Strong background in the natural sciences
- Experience teaching/supervising all ages, preferably in an informal education setting
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision